Summer holidays have slowed things down but haven’t stopped progress.
I’ve completed most of the welding on the front but will have to do a few finishing touches after I lift the body due to access near the front beam.
I won’t have chance to grind down the welds until after the summer due to noise and Neighbours so it’s time to do a few tinkering jobs and purchase a couple of parts.
Since I’m an addicted browser of eBay I’ve managed to source a good set of wheels but from two different sources. I have already picked up the two front wheels but the rears will have to wait until I’m in the area with work. Luckily I have a understanding seller who doesn’t mind holding them for me. ( saves costs on delivery)
Another job is to fit the gas struts I got of eBay. I looked into getting a proper kit but the price was three times more so I decided to make my own.
After a few tries I managed to get the first one mounted using some eye ends I took out of the bin at work……
I did try the ball joint fittings first but there wasn’t enough clearance so I had to reinstate the metal I removed during the first try. I also broke the strut end off so I had to drill and tap a new stud in the end.
I still have to sort the fitting on the bottom and this time I can use the ball joint that came with the gas strut.
Another job I’ve been working through is cleaning the garage a bit. Rubbish and parts have been mounting up so since I’m stuck doing quiet jobs I decided to give the place a good sort out.
Next jobs will be:
- fitting both doors
- Rebuilding engine ancillaries
- Turning car around
- Jacking a levelling the car onto axel stands
This final job will help line everything up. I’m hoping I can leave it in position and do both sides at the same time to get everything looking the same but room will be tight.